Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Give it up! - (for Lent)

Hey, just in time for Lent I found something to give up - Talk Radio. After trying to listen to all the talking heads making no sense and getting angry about all the misinformation on both sides (it is just a little louder on the right due to the quantity, but it goes both ways) I decided to quit cold turkey.

I may fall off the band wagon when I try to catch the news or sports, but for the most part I don't think I will be too tempted. I actually went to a real school board meeting. Maybe I will even go to my town council meeting. Maybe I might spend some time and really research a topic and then write my representative.

Maybe I will write to a soldier and send them a care package. Maybe I will help out at a soup kitchen or spend some time with my family. I might just listen to some music and read up on our history.

I may be more productive at work and not feel so drained when I get home. Yes, I still have to read the newspapers, but there is no compulsion to immediately call or write them - on the other hand, I do remember writing letters to the editor - where you could take your time and say what you wanted to without being cut off. Of course isn't that why I started this blog?

10 min

No comments: